Round-trip economy airfare via Jetstar Airways with Plus (Extras and Save Bundle) Fare with 7kgs carry-on baggage, 20kgs checked luggage, standard seat selection, in-flight meal deal, and loyalty points
3 nights accommodation in Grand Millennium Auckland 4* or Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour 5* or similar
Round-trip airport transfers via private minivan
Shared Full-Day Waitomo and Hobbiton Experience with Lunch
Any other meals and tours not mentioned
Tipping, airfare extras, and visas
Day 1: Pick-up from the airport. Drop off to the hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is free for your own leisure to explore the city.
Day 2: Shared Full-Day Waitomo & Hobitton Experience. (07:30 – 19:30)
After an early start, we’ll head southwards through the lush, rolling farmland of the Waikato and King Country regions. There’ll be time for a morning snack as you drive past Rangiriri, the location of a historic Maori Land Wars site.
On arriving at the township of Waitomo you can enjoy a magical guided tour through the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves with their amazing stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone formations, formed over thousands of years by the constant dripping of water. The highlight of the tour has to be a silent boat ride through the Glow Worm Grotto – a subterranean cavern lit up by the lights of thousands of tiny glow worms.
The tour continues in the afternoon with a pleasant drive to Rotorua, as you enjoy a delicious packed lunch. On the outskirts of Rotorua, you’ll be transferred to the Hobbiton Movie Set coach tour. Enjoy a scenic drive across the Kaimai Ranges to the picturesque 1,250 acre farm near Matamata where scenes from Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed. Learn how the farmland was transformed into The Shire from Middle-earth. Your guide will show you Hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill, and many other structures from the movies.
Upon completion of the Movie Set tour you will be transferred to Matamata, where you will have some free time before returning to Auckland.
Day 3: Free for own leisure or book the optional half-day sightseeing tour. (09:00 -12:00)
Drive down famed Queen Street with its quaint heritage architecture and on through Auckland’s central business district, past Auckland University and through the city’s oldest park, Auckland Domain, located on the site of a dormant volcano.
Continue through the picturesque suburb of Ponsonby, with its historic buildings before heading over the iconic Harbour Bridge to Auckland’s North Shore. There’ll be plenty of time for a stroll on Narrow Neck Beach and a coffee at historic Devonport’s many sophisticated pavement cafés before we make the climb to the summit of Mt. Victoria for some stunning views over Auckland City.
Then we’ll travel back over the Harbour Bridge to Westhaven Marina, one of the largest marinas in the Southern Hemisphere, visiting the bustling Auckland Fish Market, before continuing on to the Viaduct Harbour.
A perfect introduction to New Zealand’s largest metropolitan area, especially for those visitors with little time on their hands.
Day 4: Transfer from hotel to Auckland airport
RATES PER PERSON BASED ON 2 PAX TRAVELING TOGETHER INCLUDING TAXES AND CHARGES:
Departing from Adelaide
JULY – AUD1950
JULY – AUD2114
Departing from Brisbane
JULY – AUD1860
JULY – AUD2024
Departing from Cairns
JULY – AUD1968
JULY – AUD2729
Departing from Darwin
JULY – AUD2400
JULY – AUD2564
Departing from Gold Coast
JULY – AUD1850
JULY – AUD2013
Departing from Hobart
JULY – AUD1900
JULY – AUD2064
Departing from Melbourne
JULY – AUD1865
JULY – AUD2029
Departing from Perth
JULY – AUD2300
JULY – AUD2464
Departing from Sydney
JULY – AUD2437
JULY – AUD2600
Optional (Rate per person):
Breakfast 4-star option:
AUD15 per day
Breakfast 5-star option:
AUD30 per day
Shared Half-Day Sightseeing Tour:
*Rates do not include any other extras and visas
*Rates are not valid during holidays and exhibitions
*Once booked and confirmed, subject to cancellation, amendment charges depending on travel dates
*If in case you missed your trains, buses and tours, you cannot rebook ot refund the tickets anymore
*Rates are subject to change anytime
*Itinerary timings are subject to change depending on weather and traffic conditions
*Please select your preferred dates of travel so we can check availability and confirm to you.
*You will receive a confirmation email once the booking is paid.
*Please check your junk/trash/spam folder in the situation when you do not receive an email confirmation of your booking instantly from us.
*Live chat with us from Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm AEST or notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The booking is only valid on the date and time specified in your email confirmation.
Refunds on fare and Jetstar add-ons
- Non-refundable, except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law or Conditions of Carriage.
Missed check-in deadline or failure to board within the required time
- Non-refundable/loss of fare, except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law or Conditions of Carriage. Check your itinerary for strict check-in and boarding times.
- Permitted upon payment of the applicable Fare Difference within Change Deadline. Where you have purchased FareCredit you may choose to cancel your flight prior to opening of airport check-in and make another booking.
- No fees are payable where you are entitled to an alternative flight under the Australian Consumer Law, your local law or Conditions of Carriage.
- Not permitted.
- An origin/destination change is when the place of departure or arrival of a booking is changed. This includes changing the date of an outbound flight so it would depart after the date of a return inbound flight
Passenger Name changes
- Permitted upon payment of the applicable Fare Difference within the Change Deadline.
- Name changes can be made for an individual passenger on a booking but must apply to all flights for that passenger.
- Name Changes are not permitted for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay, Flight bookings on Jetstar or JAL Mileage bookings.
- For Club Jetstar member exclusive fare bookings, where the Club Jetstar member is the individual passenger subject to a name change, other passengers on that booking (if any) will no longer be eligible for the Club Jetstar exclusive member fare. Change Fee and Fare Difference will apply to the name change from the Club Jetstar member, and Fare Difference will apply to all other passengers on that booking.
Change Deadline and Point of contact
- Permitted changes must be made before the original scheduled flight opens for check-in at the airport. Airport check in opening times are available on your Jetstar itinerary or here.
- Time and Date changes can be made via Jetstar.com if originally booking was made via Jetstar.com or Jetstar Call Centre. All changes can be made via Jetstar Call Centre or Jetstar counter at the airport and additional service fees apply if your booking was not originally made via the Jetstar Call Centre or Jetstar counter at the airport.
- Fees are subject to change and are applied at the rate current at time of change. For current fees see Fees and charges.
Change Fees and Fare Difference
- Change Fees do not apply for permitted changes to a Starter fare with Plus bundle.
- Fare Difference applies per passenger, per flight. Your new fare will be at least the amount of the fare you originally booked and may be more. You cannot change to a lower fare. No refund will be applicable if a lower fare is available.
- Fare Difference for permitted changes to Club Jetstar member exclusive fare bookings is the difference between the Club Jetstar member exclusive fare or fare with bundle originally booked and an available non-member fare or non-member fare with bundle on the date of change which is at least the same fare or, if the same fare is not available, the next available higher fare. The Fare Difference may be substantial.
- Fare Difference for changes to other bookings is the difference (if any) between the fare or fare with bundle originally booked and an available fare or fare with bundle on the date of change which is at least the same fare or, if not available, the next available higher fare. The Fare Difference may be substantial.
Permitted fare/bundle changes
- Subject to payment of Fare Difference applicable at time of change, Starter fares with Plus bundles can be changed to an available Starter fare with Plus bundle, Starter fare with Max bundle, Business Class fare or Business Class fare with Max bundle.
- Starter fares with Plus Bundle cannot be changed to a Starter fare.
- Club Jetstar member exclusive fare Starter fare with Plus bundle bookings can be changed only to an available non-member Starter fare with Plus bundle, Starter fare with Max bundle, Business Class fare or Business Class fare with Max bundle.
- You must re-book onto an available Jetstar flight. Jetstar does not hold open-dated bookings.
- All amounts will be charged in the currency you made your original booking.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Classic Upgrade Rewards
- Starter Fare with Plus Bundle is not eligible for Classic Upgrade Rewards.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay – Flights on Jetstar and JAL Mileage – Additional Payments
- All changes or additions to your booking must be paid with money and cannot be paid with points.
- Changes or additions will be calculated by using the original monetary value and currency of the fare (as determined by Jetstar) and as per the conditions listed in the Change Fee and Fare Difference section of these fare rules.