- Round-trip economy airfare via Jetstar Airways with Plus (Extras and Save Bundle) Fare with 7kgs carry-on baggage, 20kgs checked luggage, standard seat selection, in-flight meal deal, and loyalty points
- 3 nights accommodation in Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square 4* or The George Hotel 5* or similar
- Roundtrip airport transfers via private minivan
- Shared Full Day Arthur’s Pass Day Tour including TranzAlpine Train, Lunch, Jet boating and Sheep Farm Visit with Afternoon tea
- Any other meals not mentioned
- Any other tours not mentioned
- Tipping, Airfare, and Visas
Day 1: Pick-up from the airport. Drop off to hotel for check-in. Rest of the day is free for own leisure to explore the city.
Day 2: Shared Full-Day Arthur’s Pass Day Tour including TranzAlpine Train, Lunch, Jet boating and Sheep Farm Visit with Afternoon tea.
Following a morning pickup by air-conditioned coach from your Christchurch hotel, travel by road through the rural pastoral scenes of the Canterbury Plains to Springfield where you will board the TranzAlpine train. This has been rated as one of the top 10 train journeys in the world. Travel through the Southern Alps to Arthurs Pass viewing the alpine scenery through panoramic windows. Join a tour of discovery, featuring spectacular scenery. From Christchurch travel by road to Springfield and board the world famous TranzAlpine train.
Time for lunch at a local cafe before viewing and driving down the 440 meter long Otira Viaduct a major NZ engineering project – the viaduct is one the most earthquake prone regions in New Zealand and it has been designed to withstand seismic forces 40 percent higher than the usual maximum for such structures. In the late summer months the bright flowers of red rata (metrosideros umbellata) add to the beauty of the Otira Gorge. This tree is not found on the eastern side of the Southern Alps but blooms only in the moist western valleys, you will also encounter the NZ Kea rated as one of the most intelligent birds in the world they have very inquisitive natures and found in most South Island alpine environments. On leaving Arthur’s Pass you will travel by road through the foothill ranges of the Southern Alps, in the basins with winter snow there are several small ski fields and with unique limestone rocks surrounding the area this is also popular for rock climbers.
View the Alpine Scenery through panoramic windows as the train winds its way through the stunning Waimakariri Gorge into the mighty Southern Alps and on arrival into the small alpine village of Arthur’s Pass your driver will once again meet you off the train and explore the alpine Village. We then join an exhilarating jet boat ride through the spectacular gorges of the Waimakariri River then visit a local Sheep farm with sheep shearing, a sheep mustering demonstration, and a late afternoon tea. In the late afternoon, hop back aboard your coach for the drive back to your Christchurch hotel, where your tour will come to an end.
Day 3: Free for own leisure or book the optional half-day sightseeing tour.
Following the pickup from guests accommodation, the tour commences by covering the central city highlights, including Cathedral You will be collected from your Hotel/Motel, the tour then travels through the University of Canterbury, down to Riccarton House and Bush and then through Monavale Gardens where you will have a chance to have a short stroll with 5.5 hectares of richly landscaped gardens, ponds and fountains.
The tour then continues into the central city, through Hagley park, the boat sheds, Botanical Gardens Arts Centre in the historic Buildings that were once Canterbury University, past the Museum, Art Galley and Victoria Clock Tower before moving on to the Catholic Basillica, then onto the seaside suburb of Sumner, then to Lyttleton Harbour, a volcanic crater which is now the port of Christchurch.
The tour then ends with a visit to the Sign of the Takahe, situated on the volcanic ridges of the cashmere hills, provides spectacular views of the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps, you will be then returned to your accommodation.
Day 4: Transfer from hotel to Chirstchurch airport.
RATES PER PERSON BASED ON 2 PAX TRAVELING TOGETHER INCLUDING TAXES AND CHARGES:
Departing from Brisbane
JULY – AUD1807
JULY – AUD1927
Departing from Cairns
JULY – AUD2125
JULY – AUD2245
Departing from Gold Coast
JULY – AUD1792
JULY – AUD1912
Departing from Hobart
JULY – AUD1792
JULY – AUD1912
Departing from Melbourne
JULY – AUD1742
JULY – AUD1862
Departing from Perth
JULY – AUD2065
JULY – AUD2177
Departing from Sydney
JULY – AUD1853
JULY – AUD1973
Optional (Rate per person):
Breakfast 4-star option: AUD25 per day
Breakfast 5-star option: AUD50 per day
Shared Half-Day Sighteeing City Tour: AUD112
*Rates do not include any other extras and visas
*Rates are not valid during holidays and exhibitions
*Once booked and confirmed, subject to cancellation, amendment charges depending on travel dates
*If in case you missed your trains, buses and tours, you cannot rebook ot refund the tickets anymore
*Rates are subject to change anytime
*Itinerary timings are subject to change depending on weather and traffic conditions
*Please select your preferred dates of travel so we can check availability and confirm to you.
*You will receive a confirmation email once the booking is paid.
*Please check your junk/trash/spam folder in the situation when you do not receive an email confirmation of your booking instantly from us.
*Live chat with us from Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm AEST or notify us via email to email@example.com.
*The booking is only valid on the date and time specified in your email confirmation.
Refunds on fare and Jetstar add-ons
- Non-refundable, except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law or Conditions of Carriage.
Missed check-in deadline or failure to board within the required time
- Non-refundable/loss of fare, except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law or Conditions of Carriage. Check your itinerary for strict check-in and boarding times.
- Permitted upon payment of the applicable Fare Difference within Change Deadline. Where you have purchased FareCredit you may choose to cancel your flight prior to opening of airport check-in and make another booking.
- No fees are payable where you are entitled to an alternative flight under the Australian Consumer Law, your local law or Conditions of Carriage.
- Not permitted.
- An origin/destination change is when the place of departure or arrival of a booking is changed. This includes changing the date of an outbound flight so it would depart after the date of a return inbound flight
Passenger Name changes
- Permitted upon payment of the applicable Fare Difference within the Change Deadline.
- Name changes can be made for an individual passenger on a booking but must apply to all flights for that passenger.
- Name Changes are not permitted for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay, Flight bookings on Jetstar or JAL Mileage bookings.
- For Club Jetstar member exclusive fare bookings, where the Club Jetstar member is the individual passenger subject to a name change, other passengers on that booking (if any) will no longer be eligible for the Club Jetstar exclusive member fare. Change Fee and Fare Difference will apply to the name change from the Club Jetstar member, and Fare Difference will apply to all other passengers on that booking.
Change Deadline and Point of contact
- Permitted changes must be made before the original scheduled flight opens for check-in at the airport. Airport check in opening times are available on your Jetstar itinerary or here.
- Time and Date changes can be made via Jetstar.com if originally booking was made via Jetstar.com or Jetstar Call Centre. All changes can be made via Jetstar Call Centre or Jetstar counter at the airport and additional service fees apply if your booking was not originally made via the Jetstar Call Centre or Jetstar counter at the airport.
- Fees are subject to change and are applied at the rate current at time of change. For current fees see Fees and charges.
Change Fees and Fare Difference
- Change Fees do not apply for permitted changes to a Starter fare with Plus bundle.
- Fare Difference applies per passenger, per flight. Your new fare will be at least the amount of the fare you originally booked and may be more. You cannot change to a lower fare. No refund will be applicable if a lower fare is available.
- Fare Difference for permitted changes to Club Jetstar member exclusive fare bookings is the difference between the Club Jetstar member exclusive fare or fare with bundle originally booked and an available non-member fare or non-member fare with bundle on the date of change which is at least the same fare or, if the same fare is not available, the next available higher fare. The Fare Difference may be substantial.
- Fare Difference for changes to other bookings is the difference (if any) between the fare or fare with bundle originally booked and an available fare or fare with bundle on the date of change which is at least the same fare or, if not available, the next available higher fare. The Fare Difference may be substantial.
Permitted fare/bundle changes
- Subject to payment of Fare Difference applicable at time of change, Starter fares with Plus bundles can be changed to an available Starter fare with Plus bundle, Starter fare with Max bundle, Business Class fare or Business Class fare with Max bundle.
- Starter fares with Plus Bundle cannot be changed to a Starter fare.
- Club Jetstar member exclusive fare Starter fare with Plus bundle bookings can be changed only to an available non-member Starter fare with Plus bundle, Starter fare with Max bundle, Business Class fare or Business Class fare with Max bundle.
- You must re-book onto an available Jetstar flight. Jetstar does not hold open-dated bookings.
- All amounts will be charged in the currency you made your original booking.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Classic Upgrade Rewards
- Starter Fare with Plus Bundle is not eligible for Classic Upgrade Rewards.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay – Flights on Jetstar and JAL Mileage – Additional Payments
- All changes or additions to your booking must be paid with money and cannot be paid with points.
- Changes or additions will be calculated by using the original monetary value and currency of the fare (as determined by Jetstar) and as per the conditions listed in the Change Fee and Fare Difference section of these fare rules.