Rome in one day: Best of Rome and Colosseum Tour - Skip the Line - Child
Combine a trip to two of Rome’s greatest sites in one day. Take advantage of special no-wait entry at the Vatican and skip-the-line access to the Colosseum during this full-day tour. While others wait in line, you’ll experience the majesty of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica, followed by the ancient glory of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum, all with an expert guide.
Price: Per Child (4-14 years old)
Duration: 8 Hrs from 1000 - 1800
Guide: English Speaking Guide
Visits: City, Museums, Parks, Basilica
- One Ice cream during the summer / One Hot chocolate or Cappuccino during the winter, Headset, Guide, Skip the line entrance
Exclusions: Meals, Pick-up from the hotel
This tour is perfect for visitors with only a short time in Rome, who want to see the very best of Rome past and present. Visit the Colosseum, Rome’s most famous site where gladiators once battled lions in a fight for their lives, subject always to the whims of emperors and the mood of the crowd. Then set off on a journey through the winding streets and picturesque piazzas of the city, exploring Rome as it is today – a city where modern life plays out on a stage set centuries ago.
See all the highlights of Rome’s historic center on this Rome in One Day Tour, showing you the Eternal City’s most famous sights along with some lesser-known gems – a true taste of Rome.
Our tour starts with a bang at the Colosseum. We’ll skip the long lines to get inside this magnificent structure where your expert, English-speaking guide will tell you the stories and point out the details that bring this incredible structure to life. Then it’s on to the Roman Forum, once the political and social center of Ancient Rome. March down the same paved road once graced by victorious Roman armies and explore the easily discernable remains of the banks, temples and homes. Climb the Palatine Hill to see the spot where Remus and Romulus, the legendary founders of Rome, were raised by their wolf mother and admire views that stretch as far as St. Peter’s Basilica.
We’ll take a well-deserved break next for lunch in the historical center of the city. Lunch is not included in the price of your tour, but your guide will be happy to recommend a spot. Or if you’d prefer, you can follow your nose to one of the countless trattorias and pizzerias around the area. Soak up the atmosphere before catching the metro to the next leg of your journey, an adventure through the best of modern Rome.
For the second half of our day we’ll take a walking tour, wandering the picturesque streets and piazzas of the city, seeing the most famous sights – from the Spanish Steps to the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and splendid Piazza Navona with its incredible Bernini fountain. Again your guide will bring old sights (from Ancient Roman times through to the Renaissance) to life with the stories and myths that make Rome quite unlike any other city. Want to know why Raphael died so young? Or why there’s one spot by the Trevi Fountain from where your view is completely obscured? Listen to your guide as they lead you on a trek that takes in the length and breadth of Rome’s historical center, ducking through narrow alleys and bursting into bustling piazzas. We’ll even have time to take a quick gelato break on our way, so you can try Italy’s famous espresso.
Join this Rome in One Day tour for a true taste of Rome that will leave you hungry for more.
*On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
Voucher type: Print and bring the voucher to enjoy the activity.
Starting point: At Largo Gaetana Agnesi - Rome - IT
Colosseum Group Tour: at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Our coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets to be easily recognizable at the meeting point.
Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start time.
End point: Morning Tour: Palatine Hill
Afternoon Tour: Piazza Navona
Remarks: This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking. Please ensure you wear comfortable shoes.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our tours. We are also unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our tours.
You need to be dressed conservatively to get into the churches, with the knees and shoulders covered.
Please note that on Saturdays the Pantheon will be closed for Mass.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- In case of unavailability, we will supply you with alternative options
- In case of change of rates, we will inform you before confirming your booking
- No Cancellations/Refunds/Changes to be made once the booking is fully paid
- Regardless of any circumstances, No-Show will result 100% cost of the booking. You will not receive any refunds/compensations whatsoever from us and also from the relevant supplier or the relevant third party agency. NO REFUND will be given after the commencement of the booking.
- This package may involve considerable physical activity to walk
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Tour may not operate under extreme weather conditions or heavy rain
- Please select your preferred dates of travel so we can check availability and confirm to you.
- You will receive confirmation email once booking is paid.
- Please check your junk/trash/spam folder in the situation when you do not receive an email confirmation of your booking instantly from us.
- Live chat with us from Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm AEST or notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO JOIN
- Please show your email booking confirmation with your full name to join the tour.
- Your booking is only valid on the date and time specified in your email confirmation.
No customer reviews for the moment.