Salzburg - The One and Only Sound of Music Tour Since 1967- Adult
Follow in the Von Trapp family´s footsteps as you discover the breath-taking lakes and mountains as well as the historical side of Salzburg. Recreate Julie Andrews´ iconic opening scene and find out that Salzburg and the hills are still very much alive with the sound of music!
Price: Per Adult
Duration: 4 Hours from 13:45 - 17:45; 09:00 - 13:00
Guide: English Speaking Guide
Point of interest: 1. Mirabell Palace
Point of interest: 2. Residenzplatz
Point of interest: 3. Felsenreitschule
Point of interest: 4. Hellbrunn Palace
Point of interest: 5. St. Gilgen
Point of interest: 6. Basilika St. Michael
- Feel the magic of Salzburg as the hills are brought to life with the sound of music
- Visit the filming locations of the iconic musical, including Mirabell Palace, Residenz Square and Hellbrunn Palace
- Journey to the Village of St Gilgen, where the opening credits were filmed
Relive the making of the 1965 award winning movie 'The Sound of Music‘ in and around Salzburg as you take a tour of many of the famous filming locations and learn not only about the background story of the movie but also the history, culture, and the social and historical contexts of the area in the late 1930s.
See the Mirabell Palace and gardens, where Maria and the children sing Do-Re-Mi and Residenz Square, which Maria crosses by bus from Nonnberg Abbey – where the real life Maria and Baron von Trapp were married in 1927 – on her way to the Trapp Villa singing I have confidence in me.
The Rock Riding School is a particularly significant location as the real life Trapp family sang there before they fled Austria following the Nazi takeover. In the film, they sing Do-Re-Mi, Edelweiss and So Long, Farewell in a memorable scene. Leopoldskron Palace was used as the Von Trapp family home and while the gazebo used for the famous ‘I am 16 going on 17' scene was here in the film, it is actually at the Hellbrunn Palace.
Head to the countryside around Salzburg to visit locations such as the village of St Gilgen on Lake Wolfgang, which features in the opening credits, and the church at Mondsee, where the wedding scene was shot.
Voucher type: Print and bring the voucher to enjoy the activity.
Starting point: Mirabellplatz 2 - Salzburg - AT
End point: Same as starting point
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- In case of unavailability, we will supply you with alternative options
- In case of change of rates, we will inform you before confirming your booking
- No Cancellations/Refunds/Changes to be made once the booking is fully paid
- Regardless of any circumstances, No-Show will result 100% cost of the booking. You will not receive any refunds/compensations whatsoever from us and also from the relevant supplier or the relevant third party agency. NO REFUND will be given after the commencement of the booking.
- This package may involve considerable physical activity to walk
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Tour may not operate under extreme weather conditions or heavy rain
- Please select your preferred dates of travel so we can check availability and confirm to you.
- You will receive confirmation email once booking is paid.
- Please check your junk/trash/spam folder in the situation when you do not receive an email confirmation of your booking instantly from us.
- Live chat with us from Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm AEST or notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO JOIN
- Please show your email booking confirmation with your full name to join the tour.
- Your booking is only valid on the date and time specified in your email confirmation.
No customer reviews for the moment.