One Day Osaka Walking Tour
Proudly overlooking the city sits the majestic Osaka Castle; symbol of the city and one of the most famous landmarks in Japan. Visit Osaka Castle with an expert guide. Feel the spirit of historical and modern day Osaka at the city's main points. Enjoy an hour-long cruise along Okawa River.
One Day Osaka Walking Tour
Duration: Full Day
Guide: English Speaking Guide
Visits: Osaka Old and New Cities, Floating Garden Observatory, Okawa River Cruise
Inclusions: Meals, Guide, Ticket
Price: Per Adult
From Hotel Granvia we start our tour on foot to the Floating Garden Observatory; an open air skybridge overlooking the city and as far away as Awaji Island and Mt Ikoma. Connecting the two towers of the Umeda Sky Building, the Floating Garden Observatory affords spectacular views from 170m above the city.
Before we continue with our stroll through the city, we stop for a western-style lunch at the Hotel Granvia. From here we make our way by public transport to the wonder that is Osaka Castle. Surrounded by a moat and park, Osaka Castle played a central role in Japanese history. A status and power symbol, it was founded in the 16th century by Hideyoshi Toyotomi, a remarkable shogun during the Sengoku period. With the help of a knowledgeable guide get to know the castle’s history, admire its intricate decoration and striking stone wall that is sits upon.
Just a short walk away is where we board the Aqua Liner for an hour long cruise along the Okawa River to watch the seasonal landscapes of Osaka as well as its prominent and historical sites.
3-1-1 Umeda Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0001 – JP
End point: Osaka Station. Please head to your next destination on your own after the tour.
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday, 09:50 - 16:45
- An additional fee must be paid for 4 and 5 year old children for admission to the Floating Garden Observatory (As of August 1, 2016).
- Any special requests, such as vegetarian or gluten-free, are to be made at the time of booking.
- This tour uses public transportation with non-reserved seats.
- Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
- If the Aqua Liner is out of service due to bad weather or other operational reasons, the tour will visit the Osaka Museum of History instead.
- If the Aqua Liner is unavailable on Tuesday, when the Osaka Museum is closed, the cost of the Aqua Liner ride will be refunded by the guide on the tour day.
- The total walking distance is approximately 6 km.
- The tour may use Osakajokoen Station on the way to Osaka Castle instead of Temmabashi Station.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- No Cancellations/Refunds/Changes to be made once the booking is fully paid.
- Regardless of any circumstances, No-Show will result 100% cost of the booking. You will not receive any refunds/compensations whatsoever from us and also from the relevant supplier or the relevant third party agency. NO REFUND will be given after the commencement of the booking.
- This tour may involve considerable physical activity to walk.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Tour may not operate under extreme weather conditions or heavy rain.
- You will receive confirmation email once booking is paid.
- Please check your junk/trash/spam folder in the situation when you do not receive an email confirmation of your booking instantly from us.
- Live chat with us from Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm AEST or notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO JOIN
- Please show your email booking confirmation with your full name to join the tour.
- Your booking is only valid on the date and time specified in your email confirmation.
No customer reviews for the moment.