Full Day Mekong Discovery from Ho Chi Minh City
- Condition: New Available:
Price: Per Person
Duration: Full Day – 8 Hours; 08:00 - 16:00
Guide: English Speaking Guide
Group Type: Shared by 12 People
Visits: Mekong River
Inclusions: Products tasting, Meal, Tickets, Guide, Lunch, Transport, Boat Ride
Price: Per Adult
We depart Ho Chi Minh City for the city of My Tho (approximately 2 ½ hours). A former naval base, My Tho is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta. The area is the final destination of the mighty Mekong River which winds it's way from Tibet, through China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia and finally Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region it's prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output.
Life for villages in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, people are more likely to transport by river than road. Upon arrival into My Tho we board our private boat for a cruise on the Mekong River. Our first stop is at a fish farm to gain an insight into one of the cottage industries in the region.
On our boat ride our local guide will take us to visit an island with lush tropical gardens where we have a chance to sample tropical fruit. Continuing to another island in the Mekong Delta we learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Our local guide will take us to a factory and explain the process of making the sweet.
We have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture and customs of people who call the Delta their home. We continue our visit by Xe Loi (motorized cart), visiting a bee farm where we transfer to smaller rowing boat allowing us to get deeper into the smaller canals of the Delta. Our lunch destination is Diem Phuong restaurant where our local guide will provide us with some advice on the finer points of local cuisine and assist us with ordering some of these delicacies. After lunch we return to My Tho for the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Saigon Opera House
Please contact supplier at least 24 hours prior to tour to arrange pick up.
End point: Same as the starting point
Voucher type: Printed
Please wear clothing that conceals the shoulders, legs and arms when visiting religious sites.
We advise you to wear comfortable shoes and loose clothing.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- No Cancellations/Refunds/Changes to be made once the booking is fully paid.
- Regardless of any circumstances, No-Show will result 100% cost of the booking. You will not receive any refunds/compensations whatsoever from us and also from the relevant supplier or the relevant third party agency. NO REFUND will be given after the commencement of the booking.
- This tour may involve considerable physical activity to walk.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Tour may not operate under extreme weather conditions or heavy rain.
- You will receive confirmation email once booking is paid.
- Please check your junk/trash/spam folder in the situation when you do not receive an email confirmation of your booking instantly from us.
- Live chat with us from Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm AEST or notify us via email to email@example.com.
HOW TO JOIN
- Please show your email booking confirmation with your full name to join the tour.
- Your booking is only valid on the date and time specified in your email confirmation.
No customer reviews for the moment.