Temples Half Day Shared Tour (Morning or Afternoon) – Child
Get a closer look at some of Buddhism’s most important temples on a half-day tour through Bangkok. Explore the temples of Wat Trimit, home to a solid gold Buddha, Wat Po, with its famous reclining Buddha, and Wat Benchamabophit, also known as the Marble Temple. Learn about the significance of each temple to Buddhism from your informative guide as you visit each attraction with your small group.
Price: Per Child (2-11 years old only)
Duration: Half Day – 4 Hours from 07:15 - 11:15 or 12:15 - 16:15
Please note that all times are approximate and subject to change.
Guide: English Speaking Guide
Visits: Golden Buddha, Wat Pho, and Marble Templs
Inclusions: Guide, Tickets, Transport
The first stop of the day is the Wat Trimit, known as the Temple of the Golden Buddha. This modern temple was built to house the famous the 3-metre tall Buddha statue crafted from 5.5 tons of solid gold. This gleaming Sukhothai style statue was accidently discovered after a painted and decorated statue was being moved to a new location, when it was accidently dropped, revealing a beautiful solid gold Sukhothai style Buddha.
As you pass through Chinatown you will come across one of Bangkok´s oldest temples, Wat Pho, known as the Temple of the Reclining Buddha. At 46 metres in length and 15 metres high the Buddha is the largest in Bangkok and illustrates the passing of the Buddha into nirvana. This beautiful temple complex is home to Thailand´s largest collection of Buddha images, the first university and was the birthplace of traditional Thai massage.
The third and final temple is the Wat Benchamabophit, also known as the Marble Temple. This monastery was built out of white Italian marble from Carrara in the 19th century and houses one of the country's most beautiful Buddha images.
To complete the tour, take a stop at a local lapidary factory and showroom where you will be able to find beautiful locally made jewelry, handicrafts and delicate silks at competitive prices.
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings.
Remember to bring the voucher and valid photo ID with you
Sandals and flip-flops are not accepted.
The pick up will be available at Main City Hotels in Bangkok.
End point: Same as the starting point
Voucher type: Printed
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- No Cancellations/Refunds/Changes to be made once the booking is fully paid.
- Regardless of any circumstances, No-Show will result 100% cost of the booking. You will not receive any refunds/compensations whatsoever from us and also from the relevant supplier or the relevant third party agency. NO REFUND will be given after the commencement of the booking.
- This tour may involve considerable physical activity to walk.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Tour may not operate under extreme weather conditions or heavy rain.
- You will receive confirmation email once booking is paid.
- Please check your junk/trash/spam folder in the situation when you do not receive an email confirmation of your booking instantly from us.
- Live chat with us from Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm AEST or notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO JOIN
- Please show your email booking confirmation with your full name to join the tour.
- Your booking is only valid on the date and time specified in your email confirmation.
No customer reviews for the moment.